I’m so flattered that the lovely ladies at FOREVER YOUNG ADULT chose SLOPPY FIRSTS as their book club pick for March! I mean, there are many, many books and only so many months in the year. I love that new readers are just discovering Jessica Darling and Marcus Flutie (SLOPPY FIRSTS came out more than 10 years ago, people, when I was so convinced of the superiority of the Backstreet Boys that I was totally blind to J.Tim’s many multi-talented charms) and I appreciate Forever Young Adult’s positive propagandizing.
What’s more, they put together an awesome Jessica Darling playlist. Now I ALWAYS listen to music when I write and have been known to listen to the same playlist over and over and over again as I work. So what better time to share my personal* and incomplete** soundtrack to the Jessica Darling series?
*Offered without explanation.
**Edited to avoid repeats with the 4YA list and also because it would be way too long otherwise.
1. Here You Come Again – Dolly Parton
2. If You Were Here – Thompson Twins
3. Sick of Myself – Matthew Sweet
4. What Goes Around Comes Around – Justin Timberlake
5. Pop Song ’89 – REM
6. De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da – The Police
7. Left of Center – Suzanne Vega
8. Hello, Goodbye – The Beatles
9. There is A Light That Never Goes Out – The Smiths
10. Quit Playing Games With My Heart – Backstreet Boys
11. Here is Where the Story Ends – The Sundays
12. Only You – Yaz
Please share the songs you’d put on your Jessica Darling playlist via Facebook or @meganmccafferty on Twitter!